GT-R EN40B CRANKSHAFT
Made from the finest, aerospace grade EN40B steel billet material. CNC machined on state of the art, 5 axis Mazak Integrex 300-IV CNC machines to exacting tolerances (.0001″). Every crankshaft features large radius journals that add rigidity for high horsepower, high boost, high rpm applications. Gun drilled, CNC ground oil holes feature a smooth surface for extra oiling, tear dropped for added oil scoop, cross drilled for priority main feeding to the rods and micro polished to a mirror finish for optimum bearing lubricity. All cranks are stress relieved, shot peened, magna flux inspected and nitrided (multi step heat treatment) for ultimate performance. Fully profiled counterweights are designed for reduced windage through the crankcase creating less oil resistance for better rpm potential.
- National defence level EN40B material, double melt for reliable super strength.
- Round All counterweight edges
- Enlarged centre counterweights
- Teardrop oil hole chamfer on both main and rod journals – improving lubricant flow in & out
- 5 Axis machined centre drilled oil holes gallery, providing all accurate angle and across each other. The high rpm drilling job providing super smooth oil hole inner surface supporting lubrication.
- V-Style drilled lightening holes, removing material but keeping pin strength.
- Precision grinned journals. Followed by mico-polishing after nitriding
- Special surface treatment for overall crank, removing all sharp edge and blur
R35 GT-R CONNECTING RODS
- 100% premium AISI4340 chromoly steel
- strict forge and heat treatment processed forgings, hardness of 35-42 HR C.
- Aluminium/Silicon/Bronz alloy bushing
- 3D software re-designed critical C-bore area, special CNC machining ensure smooth commection and free of sharp edge, significantly improved strength
- Standard equipped with the best ARP Cust. Age 625+ bolts (260,000PSI)
- Accurate sized and edge chamfered dowel sleeve for easy and accurate re-assembling.
- Sunnen hone solution for all big bore and pin bore finishing.
- Enlarged mating surface increase mating area strength significantly, and grinded mating surface makes re-assembling job accurate and easy.
- Thread-end is blinded to same length as bolt
- Radial grooved bushing crates an oil reservoir within PE improving pin lubrication.
- Cap is designed thicker than beam to increase strength.
- Special designed EP hole, establish arch form to undertake loading from BE.
- Ribbed PE is standard feature to minimum PE distortion under interia load.
- The oil groove on the big end surface is the standard feature.